LEAGUE PLAY WILL START THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 26
NEW INCENTIVES THIS YEAR!
We are encouraging members to reach out to their friends, families, and co-workers to promote the sport of curling and bring new curlers to the sport, and to the Club. For every new curler* joining a league this year at the VCC, both the referring member AND the new curler will receive one of the following:
- $75 VCC Pro-shop gift certificate
- Free one hour lesson with our new Club Professional
* New curlers have not curled at the Victoria Curling Club in the past 3 years (i.e. since before the 2019-20 season). At the time of registration, the new curler must name the referring member on the sign up form to claim.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE REGISTERING.
- You *must* register for your league prior to showing up for the first day of curling.
- Please note that some leagues require you to be part of a team and to have notified the League Coordinator or the Office prior to registering. Do not register in these leagues unless you are sure you have a spot saved. League Coordinator emails are found on the league information page.
There are two broad categories that leagues in the Club fall into: open or gender specific; and team based or draft. "Draft" in this case simply means you can sign up as a single and be placed on a team without needing to confirm a specific spot with the League Coordinator.
INFORMATION ON ALL LEAGUES, INCLUDING PRICING, DESCRIPTIONS AND CONTACTS CAN BE FOUND ON THE LEAGUE INFORMATION PAGE.
All curlers at the VCC are required to pay the VCC Membership Fee annually, which is $25 plus GST. In addition, payment of Curl BC and Curling Canada association fees in the amount of $20 is required.
League fees are per person and vary by league. Scroll down to see the fees within the descriptions of each league, or go to our registration pages directly (available as of August 25).
- $20 Senior discount (age 60+)
- $75 Youth discount (ages 21-25 inclusive)
- $125 Junior discount (under age 21)
- $45 discount for second league played
- $100 discount for third and subsequent leagues played
*not applicable to Doubles leagues
5/6 PLAYER TEAMS
We have simplified the process for 5 player teams this season - if you are signing up as a member of a 5 person team, simply enter that information when registering (follow the prompt), and your league fees will be discounted accordingly so that each player pays the correct amount. No more chasing after your teammates! 6 person team? No problem - same thing!
Looking to spare for the year or for a game or two in another league? Or can't commit to playing full-time? The spares policy has changed this year at the VCC - more information on sparing can be found here. Remember that members who play in a league can spare in any other league free of charge.
PAYMENT OF LEAGUE FEES
League fees can be paid online through the system with a credit card, or via e-transfer. If you would like to pay via e-transfer, please choose the option of "CASH/CHEQUE" on the payment page. We will also be offering the option to pay for league fees in 2 installments, rather than in one lump sum payment. If you wish to take advantage of this option, please select "CASH/CHEQUE" as your payment type online. We can then take your credit card information over the phone or accept an e-transfer for the installments.
OPTIONAL "OPT OUT" INSURANCE
Lockers will be available this year, however we reserve the right to modify locker availability or access, as conditions warrant. We continue to encourage you to come "ready to play" with the need to only change your shoes in the Club's lobby area.
More information about parking will be available shortly (as of August 21). We expect to have parking passes available for purchase for the Save On Arena lot next door to the rink, as well as the City of Victoria lot across from Royal Athletic Park (Green St). We do not have exact pricing at this time, nor do we know for certain the number of passes we have available to us. Please stay tuned.
HOW TO REGISTER?
We are once again using Curling I/O as our "backend" website to register for all leagues. If you have registered online in the past 4 seasons, you likely already have a login. If not, or, if you are having issues confirming your login and getting into the site - have a look at the video below: