———— VCC 2022 Men’s Bonspiel Title Sponsor ————
—— A Event Sponsor ——
—— B Event Sponsor ——
—— C Event Sponsor ——
—— D Event Sponsor——
With other prizes and events sponsored by the following companies and organizations
First draw times
- Please open the webpage to check your first draw time and opponent.
- Note that as games take place, we will update the draw on the usual ‘poster’ version in the club, as well as on the club website.
- We will have the on site check-in table set up approximately 1.5 hours before the first draw times. Please be prepared to show proof of Covid vaccination upon arrival.
- We will be going with standard 5 rock rules, with the following exceptions:
- On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we will be playing with a buzzer to keep the draws moving on time. It will be a single buzzer at 1:35 into the game. At that point, finish the end you are on, then play one more end to complete the game. Please keep the pace of play up in the last 2 ends to give our ice staff time to do their work. Ties on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be broken by a draw to the button. Any player on the team can throw it, sweeping only by the throwing team.
- On Sunday we will play with no buzzer and do regular 8 end games, with an extra end if necessary. If the extra end somehow results in a blank, the game will be decided by a draw to the button.
- This is a reminder to all teams that payment in advance is required by March 29. Please pay whatever the full outstanding balance is for your team. (I.e If you have only paid the $75 entry deposit, the outstanding balance would be $225). The club can accept payment the following ways, with a preference for teams to pay as ONE payment rather than individually.
- contacting the club office by phone with a credit card number at 250.386.6396.
- coming to the club in person with a credit card, debit card or exact cash.
- sending e-transfers to “email@example.com“, with the Skip’s name in the e-transfer message. (No password required)
- There are two parking lots near the club
- The one right beside the building. For anyone who has an existing pass, it will remain valid through the bonspiel weekend.
- The Green street lot. Green street ‘T’ intersects Quadra Street at the curling club, and the lot is just down Green street. Vehicle access is off of Caledonia. For anyone who has an existing pass, it will remain valid through the bonspiel weekend, please remember to place it on your dash. Passes for this lot can be purchased from the club at check-in for $20 for the weekend.
- Street parking in and around the club. If you are from out of town – Victoria is very efficient at ticketing cars that are parked contrary to the parking signs.
Food and Drink
- Saturday Dinner
- The dinner is being catered by 1550s Restaurant, who always put out a good spread – bring your appetite!
- We unfortunately do not have quite enough seating capacity upstairs to accommodate all 44 teams at exactly the same time. We will have one extra long dinner sitting which will affect the 2:45 PM, 6:30 PM and 8:45 PM draws on Saturday. At approximately 5:00 PM we would like most teams, including those who are finishing the 2:45 PM draw, and the teams playing in the 6:30 PM draw to sit down to eat. We would like the teams playing in the 8:45 PM draw to wait till 6:15 PM or so to sit down to eat as the previous group begins to thin out.
- Mungo Sue’s Cafe & Eatery (Ice level cafe in the club)
- Please open this pdf to see the open hours and menu for Mungo Sue’s featuring house made burgers, carnitas, chili and breakfast items throughout the bonspiel – including late night Friday!
- Coffee and Muffins. There will be complimentary coffee and muffins, while supplies last, at Mungo Sue’s on Saturday morning
- Upstairs Lounge and Bar
- Victoria Curling Club House Beers –Pebble Pilsner and Hog LIne Lager, brewed locally by Phillips Brewing – our Title Sponsor – have been created specially for the Victoria Curling Club, with special bonspiel pricing of $15/pitcher throughout the weekend!
- Pitchers of Caesars – on Saturday we will be set up for pitchers of Caesars at the bar.
- Self Serve chip snacks – Thursday, Friday and Sunday, while supplies last, we will have self serve chip snacks up in the bar area.
- Joe Gereluk is our main sponsor for the reverse draw.
- Thanks to Joe and others, we will have about 69 prizes for the draw. The prizes range from jugs of beer to full size barbecues, worth over $3500 in total. This year it will be set up with 176 tickets, one for each curler in the bonspiel. Tickets will be $20 per curler and your first opportunity to see the prize list and get tickets will be at the on-site check-in – there will be no draws until all tickets are sold. We will accept cash for the reverse draw.
- Cody Hall, our always entertaining icemaker, will be hosting the Calcutta on Friday night.
- It will take place shortly after the 4:30 draw on Friday and we hope everyone can make it. Come prepared for an auction: buy your team or buy another team, or at the least, buy a beer and grab a bite to eat. Teams have been “paired up” for purchase in this auction, with event winners returning cash prizes based on the amount of money taken in. (Calcutta bids can be paid in cash, or via credit/debit card at the event).
- Phillips Brewing is our title sponsor for the bonspiel this year, and they are sponsoring a beer tasting to go along with the Calcutta.
- There of course will be the traditional 50/50 ticket sales with probably 4 draws. Again, we will accept cash for the 50/50 draws.
- Saturday between approximately 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM West Coast College of Massage students will be set up to do massages up in the bar. Payment will be by donation, with a suggested donation of $5-10 for a 20-30 minute session.
- There will be a live band playing Saturday night. Andrew Komlodi, our club president, and Cameron Butt, who has been our bonspiel sponsor liaison are playing in it!
Sponsors, volunteers and staff.
- A huge thank you to the event sponsors, staff and volunteers of the Victoria Curling Club for putting this event on – we will recognize them all more properly in the on site check-in package.
50/50 Draw Results
|Thursday Evening||7203556||$390.00||Claimed by Richard Rogers|
|Friday Evening||7061483||$417.50||Claimed by Team Awalt|
|Saturday Afternoon||7803654||$395.00||Claimed by Team Larway|
|Saturday Evening||8680456||$635.00||Claimed by Lynanne Smith|
Reverse Draw Results
Prize winners will be posted here.