———— VCC 2023 Men’s Bonspiel Title Sponsor ————
—— A Event Sponsor ——
—— B Event Sponsor ——
—— C Event Sponsor ——
—— D Event Sponsor——
With other prizes and events sponsored by the following companies and organizations
First draw times
- Please open the webpage to check your first draw time and opponent.
- Note that as games take place, we will update the draw on the usual ‘poster’ version in the club, as well as on the club website.
- Please let us know if there are any discrepancies. In case of discrepancies, the official version will be the posted bonspiel draw at the club.
- We will be going with standard 5 rock rules, with the following exceptions:
- On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we will be playing with a buzzer to keep the draws moving on time. There will be a single buzzer at 1:35 into the game. At that point, finish the end you are on, then play one more end to complete the game. Please keep the pace of play up in the last 2 ends to give our ice staff time to do their work.
- Ties on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be broken by a draw to the button. Any player on the team can throw it with sweeping only by the throwing team.
- For semi-finals and finals only, we will play with no buzzer and have regular 8 end games with an extra end if necessary. If the extra end somehow results in a blank, the game will be decided by a draw to the button.
- This is a reminder to all teams that payment in advance is required by March 8. Please pay whatever the full outstanding balance is for your team. (i.e If you have only paid the $100 entry deposit, the outstanding balance would be $300). The club can accept payment the following ways, with a preference for teams to pay as ONE payment rather than individually.
- contacting the club office by phone with a credit card number at 250-386-6396.
- coming to the club in person with a credit card, debit card or exact cash.
- sending e-transfers to “firstname.lastname@example.org“, with the Skip’s name in the e-transfer message. (No password required)
- There are two parking lots near the club
- The one right beside the building. For anyone who has an existing pass, it will remain valid through the bonspiel weekend with the exception of Friday and Saturday evenings when there are events at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre.
- The Green street lot. Green street ‘T’ intersects Quadra Street at the curling club, and the lot is just down Green street. Vehicle access is off of Caledonia. For anyone who has an existing pass, it will remain valid through the bonspiel weekend, please remember to place it on your dash. Passes for this lot can be purchased from the club at check-in for $20 for the weekend.
- Street parking in and around the club. If you are from out of town – Victoria is very efficient at ticketing cars that are parked contrary to the parking signs.
- There are two parking lots near the club
- Note that there are hockey games at the Save-on Foods Memorial Centre on both the Friday and Saturday evenings. Parking will be limited!
Food and Drink
- Saturday Dinner
- The dinner is being catered by 1550s Restaurant, who always put out a good spread – bring your appetite!
- We unfortunately do not have quite enough seating capacity upstairs to accommodate all 48 teams at exactly the same time. We will have one extra long dinner sitting which will affect the 2:45 PM, 6:45 PM and 9:00 PM draws on Saturday. At approximately 5:30 PM we would like most teams, including those who are finishing the 2:45 PM draw, and the teams playing in the 6:45 PM draw to sit down to eat. We would like the teams playing in the 9:00 PM draw to wait till 6:30 PM or so to sit down to eat as the previous group begins to thin out.
- Mungo Sue’s Cafe & Eatery
- Please open the attached pdf to see the open hours and menu for Mungo Sue’s featuring house made burgers, carnitas, chili and breakfast items throughout the bonspiel.
- Coffee and Muffins: there will be complimentary coffee and muffins, while supplies last, at Mungo Sue’s on Saturday and Sunday morning
- Victoria Curling Club House Beers
- Pebble Pilsner and Hog Line Lager, brewed locally by our title sponsor Phillips Brewing and created specially for the Victoria Curling Club, will be on special all weekend with the bonspiel pricing of $16/pitcher.
- Caesar Bar
- On Saturday and Sunday 11am-noon, there will be a caesar bar with goodies to dress up your caesar. During this time, caesars will be on special at the bar for $6.75. Of course, caesars are also available at all other times but the bar of goodies might not be available.
- Reverse draw tickets are available for purchase for $10 per player. This year it will be set up with 192 tickets only, one per player. The major prize for the reverse draw will be entry to next year’s VCC Men’s Bonspiel. In addition, we have a variety of prizes from jugs of beer and various swag worth over $2500 in total. Your first opportunity to see the prize list and get tickets will be at the on-site check-in – there will be no draws until all tickets are sold. We will accept cash for the reverse draw.
- Cody Hall, our always entertaining ice-maker, will be hosting the Calcutta on Friday night.
- The calcutta will take place shortly after the 3pm draw finishes on Friday evening – we hope everyone can make it. Come prepared for an auction: buy your team or buy another team, or at the least, buy a beer and grab a bite to eat. Teams have been “paired up” for purchase in this auction, with event winners returning cash prizes based on the amount of money taken in. (Calcutta bids can be paid in cash, or via credit/debit card at the event).
- Sheringham Distillery will also be hosting a gin tasting of Friday. Please visit to try some great gin!
- At the end of your first game, all players will draw to the button (without sweepers) and record the distance from the pin on the sheet provided in your welcome package. The 10 curlers closest to the pin (or covering the pin!) will be invited to participate in a special Skillz Competition to be held on Saturday at 5pm. Winning prize is $200.
- There will be the traditional 50/50 ticket sales with 4 draws over the weekend. The 50/50 is cash only. Winning ticket numbers will be posted near the draw board as well as online.
- On Saturday between 11 AM and 3 PM, West Coast College of Massage students will be set up to do massages up in the bar. Payment is by donation with a suggested donation of $10-15 for a 20-30 minute session.
- There will be a live band playing Saturday night. Come and see the VCC house band ‘3 Sailing Wait’!
50/50 Draw Results
|Thursday Evening||95073652||$335.00||Claimed by Dylan Bartel|
|Friday Evening||88147285||$715.00||Claimed by Brenda Hoban|
|Saturday Afternoon||25370816||$540.00||Claimed by Rob McMurray|
|Saturday Evening||95658196||$800.00||Claimed by Sabrina Harvey|
Reverse Draw Results
Prize winners will be posted here.