A HEALTH DECLARATION IS TO BE COMPLETED EACH VISIT - PRINT AND SIGN DAY OF PARTICIPATION:
The Victoria Curling Club is committed to protecting the health and safety of our staff and curlers.
We ask all staff and Club members who are feeling ill to stay home. As well, no person is
permitted in the facility:
● If they are experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms in the past 10 days. Symptoms
include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new
muscle aches or headaches.
● Who resides with a person who has tested positive or is being tested for COVID-19
● Who resides with a person who is displaying COVID-19 like symptoms
● Who has come into contact with a person being tested for COVID-19
● Who has been directed by the public health authority to self-isolate
● Who has arrived from outside of Canada within the last 14 days
Anyone found in non-compliance with the above conditions will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
- Masks are mandatory inside the lobby area and in stairwells.
- We have mapped the building for one-way traffic. Please follow all directional arrows and directions from staff.
- Our doors will be locked outside of draw times. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to draws. Appointments for the pro-shop and office will be accepted outside of these times. Until curling starts on September 28, we will accept appointments from 11am - 2pm Monday through Friday.
- There are no facilities for spectators in the lobby area. We ask that members only bring family members to the Club as needed. Only curlers are permitted in the lobby. No minors are allowed in the lounge upstairs, at any time.
- The building entrance on Quadra Street will only be used for entry to the building. The only exit from the building is the exit door next to Sheet 8. Please follow posted signage.
- Please come "ready to curl" - bring your change of shoes, but please have your other curling gear already on. There are limited change areas available at the Club.
- After your game, if you choose to bring your shoe bag and broom upstairs, we have broom "stations" at each table, and you will be expected to store any personal items under the table.
- The VCC will not be accepting cash payments in the office or the lounge until further notice.
- ALL CURLERS MUST HAVE REGISTERED AND SIGNED THE APPROPRIATE WAIVERS PRIOR TO STEPPING ON THE ICE AT ANY TIME DURING THE SEASON.
WHAT DOES 4 PLAYER CURLING LOOK LIKE?
Watch this space for further information and clarification, but generally: only 3 people are involved in any given shot - the thrower, the sweeper, and the skip. The 4th person on the team will be permitted to stand on any of the physically distanced spots available between the hoglines (there will be 8 on every sheet at the Club, so more than enough for everyone). The player "standing out" will rotate with each shot.
The opposing team will stand on the spots between the hoglines as well, with the exception of the opposing skip, who stands on the backboards behind the house.
The *only* sweeper permitted on any shot is the sweeper who started with the shot - no sweeping by either skip is allowed, whether rocks are put into play by the thrown stone or not.
The physically distanced spots between the hoglines are placed on the left side of the sheets when looking to the "away" end of the rink.