The Curling Club is looking for a Bar Manager for the 2021-22 season…with a “soft” start date of September 7 (the curling season, and regular shifts, do not start until September 20), this is a contract position for 30 weeks (ending April 3, 2022), with approximately 30-35 working hours per week once the season starts.
• ~30 – 35 hours per week, starting September 20 (5 shifts per week, approximately 6-7 hours per shift)
• Bar hours are Monday – Friday 5pm to close; Saturday 11am to ~ 4pm; Sunday 11am to ~ 4pm; Sunday 6pm to close, starting September 20, 2021
• Some Saturday evenings (rentals)
• Occasional daytime shifts during bonspiels or other events
• “Soft opening” September 7 – 19 (inventory, ordering, organizing other staff, etc.)
• Club is closed between December 20 – January 2 (paid vacation time)
The Bar Manager position at the Victoria Curling Club reports to the General Manager, and in conjunction with the GM will run the bar, largely as a separate entity within the Club, tailored to the needs of the primary user group – the members of the VCC.
Pay: $20,000 plus tips, pro-rated and paid bi-weekly
• Primary bartender for 5 shifts per week
• Hiring of staff for other shifts
• Scheduling of bar staff, including self, to cover all evening league play, daytime requests when appropriate, bonspiels, and other events over the season. Scheduling of extra bar staff when needed during busy times (i.e. bonspiels and special events).
• Ordering of all bar inventory, including kegs of draft, hard liquor, soft drinks, and other items, ensuring that stock is on hand as required.
• Liaising, in conjunction with the General Manager, with the Food Services operator to bring food items into the lounge.
• In conjunction with the General Manager, putting in place protocols surrounding open/close of the bar, drink menus, cleaning, etc.
• Ensuring that the “behind the bar” area is clean at all times. Working with the maintenance staff to ensure that the rest of the bar is clean at all times.
• Liaising with sales representatives from local breweries to bring in product as appropriate and ensuring that Club members and guests’ needs are met.