UPDATED: Practice ice is available only for individual training, with a coach or partner (up to two people on a sheet of ice). NO EXCEPTIONS.
HOURS OF OPERATION TO MARCH 14, 2021
TUESDAY: 11am – 2pm // 6:30pm – 8:30pm
WEDNESDAY: 11am – 2pm // 6:30pm – 8:30pm
THURSDAY: 11am – 2pm // 5pm – 8pm
SATURDAY: 1pm – 4pm
SUNDAY: 1pm – 4pm
We now have limited practice ice available at the Club, for our members only.
In order to allow for staff to be present for check-in, and to keep overhead costs associated with providing extra ice time in check, we have made the decision to charge a nominal fee for practice ice this year, at $10 per half hour of time.
What to expect for practice ice:
- MEMBERS ONLY. In order to maintain strict control over the flow of people into the building, and for liability reasons, we are limiting practice ice to current members of the Victoria Curling Club. If you are not currently a member of the VCC, please use the “Spare Registry” sign up HERE. (You do not have to spare in order to be a member, but this process ensures that you have paid your VCC Membership, Curl BC/Curling Canada dues, and are then fully covered for insurance purposes).
- Ice time must be booked at least 8 hours in advance, and maximum 3 weeks in advance. No drop-ins permitted.
- Bookings can only be made online.
- Payment is by credit card at the time of booking, and is non-refundable.
- Ice will be prepped before each block of practice time.
- Sheets 1-6 are open for practice. Ice will be available in 30 or 60, or 120 minute time blocks.
- Maximum people per sheet is 2. Physical distancing between curlers on the ice is mandatory. Follow the normal guidelines for “Return to Play”.
- Show up for your practice time no earlier than 5 minutes in advance. You will be booking a specific sheet, which is communicated to you at the time of booking. We may change your sheet assignment at the time of arrival at our discretion. Check in, and sign a mandatory health declaration.
- Please wait until your assigned sheet is free before proceeding to the ice surface. Rock sanitization between practice sessions is your responsibility, in the same manner as before any league game, using the provided sanitizer and cloths.
- The expectation is that an eye is kept on the clock, and that you vacate your sheet in a timely manner to allow the next booking to come onto the ice. Rocks must be returned to their “home” position before you exit the ice surface.